The emergence of smart technology became a paradigm to refine the factors behind the dominance of wearable tech in our lives. Even though handheld devices are still on the top of your hit-list, the potential of wearables like smartwatches must not be overlooked in the context of user traction. Since the fascination for the high-profile release of smartwatch variants in the erstwhile year continues to thrive on the interest of the global tech lovers, the world of wearable tech is all set to bring some inescapable innovations on the row.
Unarguably, smartwatches gained prominence for being a primary growth driver in the wearable industry. In 2018, the ever-increasing market share of smartwatches jumped up to 46 million with a splendid growth of 15% over 2017 and all the credit goes to the release of Apple watch series 4 by Apple Inc. Along with the familiarity with traditional functionalities, these wearable gadgets attract new users with the integration of significant features for fitness and wellness management. The demand for smartwatches is comparatively higher than low-priced fitness trackers that are designed with standard features such as notifications & alerts.
Keynotes to Examine the Strengths of Wearable Tech
The advent of smartwatches is a futuristic breakthrough in the wearable industry. These compact & stylish wearable gadgets are designed to be used as a classic wristwatch with some engaging features. Apart from checking the time, one must be using smartwatches for multifarious purposes. The robust capabilities of this wearable device empower fitness & wellness industries in several ways. Most smartwatches are now integrated with features for Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connectivity. Apart from notification alerts & alarms, these modern & lightweight wearable devices are replacing a bulkier & old-fashioned fitness tracker with these add-ons:
- Modern smart bands compile interesting features to self-monitor the fitness level. They’re more accurate in terms of tracking key criterions of fitness management. Right from responding to alarms & checking pop-up notifications, smartwatch wearers will be using the device’s interface to make calls & reject incoming phone calls even if they’re not carrying mobile phones with them. Some of the latest smartwatch brands are introducing more upgrades to let users enjoy text messaging, online music, & various important tasks that are being done via smartphones.
- More & more smartwatches feature a direct wireless connection to bring down the hassle of pairing with a mobile phone. Nowadays, the latest smartwatch variants with built-in SIM card & direct LTE connection are in huge demand. As compared to non-LTE devices, smart wearables like Apple Watch Series 4 are gathering tremendous prominence even though their price is higher than standard fitness trackers.
- Smart gadgets like fitness bands are reshaping the future of wearable tech in terms of simplifying day to day tasks via innovative apps. More features are simply adding on the scope for wearable app development. Since creating apps for wearables with too small screens will be a bit challenging for developers, one must learn all the ins & outs of developing apps for smart devices.
Favourable Factors Behind The Intense Popularity of Smartwatches
The impact of wearable tech led to explosive demand for smart gadgets in varied industries. From fitness to healthcare & home automation, wearables are simplifying lives of many. There is no doubt that smartwatches are the driving force behind the growth of the wearable market with significant considerations for these underlying factors:
- The ease to manage phone calls, text messages, emails, & other notifications without checking a mobile device again & again. Smartwatch wearers get a glance of their smartphone’s screen within a few taps on their smartwatch & respond to each & every activity effortlessly by raising their wrists. Users can freely enjoy using smart bands to simplify their tasks rather than switching to other devices.
- Flexibility to customize & upgrade a smartwatch sounds more purposeful in the context of wearable tech. In other words, the credit goes to the personalization offered by this wearable device that enables users to customize & make changes same as they used to do while accessing their mobile phones, personal computers, automobiles, & other gadgets.
- One of the strongest selling points is the LTE connectivity of wearables. Pairing your mobile phone with a smartwatch is no more a necessity to access its data.
- Switching to a smartwatch with extra capabilities goes well with the idea of smart investment as compared to purchasing regular watches. Although smartwatches are more expensive than standard fitness tracking products & watches, shifting your purchase to them will add value to your budget ranging from $300 to $500. Another important pointer to focus on the relevance of getting a smartwatch is an integrated setup for fitness & health-tracking. Just like common fitness tracker products, many smartwatch brands are gearing up to come up with an extensive range of features like step count, calories burned, pulse rate, sleeping schedules, alarms, & more. The brand new models of fitness bands showcase swim-proof designs with built-in GPS to track down outdoor workouts.
- The most fascinating feature of Apple Watch Series 4 unfolds an advanced ECG monitor that has been approved by the FDA for the precise detection of irregularities in the pulse rate. The demand for smartwatches with LTE-connectivity has been on a hike among children who’re categorized as smart teenagers & youth. These are referred to as “kids smartwatches” that enable users to check out notifications & respond instantly by swiping on their watch. The soaring sales of these two popular smartwatches are witnessed in the markets of North America & China.
Our Predictions For The Market Growth Of Wearable Tech
Since the introduction of the Apple Watch Series 4 in 2018, the worldwide demand for the smartwatches escalated at the double-fold rates. One primary reason for the exemplary growth of smartwatch defines the integration of beckoning features for better health & wellness. With that much excitement of using these gadgets, consumers will continue switching to smartwatches rather than getting a basic fitness tracker with limited integrations. The market of smartwatches majorly belongs to the consumers from North America & Asia as these two nations are the primary centres for the sale of wearable technology products.
Smartwatches are the future of wearable technology and there are several stats to favour this. It is projected that in 2019, the unit shipments will touch the mark of 51 million and will continue to increase up to 85 million by 2023. Considering the facts stating that smartwatch market grew with unit shipments of 17 million in 2018, we can predict that forecasting unit shipments will extend up to 19 million in the current year and will keep on with the sustained growth in 2020 corresponding to more than 20 million shipments in the US.